You may have noticed that I love chocolate truffles! Why do I love chocolate truffles? Let me count the ways...
1) They're chocolate
2) They're quick and easy to make
3) They're rich, which means you can be satisfied with just one or two or you can totally treat yourself and eat the whole plate, it's up to you!
4) They can be easily infused with any other flavour you like!
5) They're chocolate
6) They're easy
So many wonderful reasons!
Ever since I made the Croatian Cracked Pepper Biscuits I have been meaning to try and incorporate more cracked black pepper into my desserts! Well, it took me about 9 months (it was like a baby gestating...) but I have finally gotten around to it and made these fantastic cracked black pepper chocolate truffles. In another 9 months or so maybe I'll come up with another great cracked pepper sweet dish, but in the mean time give these babies a go (note: not actual babies).
Mad about truffles? Check out these!
Jalapeño Chocolate Truffles
Truffles in 3 Flavours: Tahini Temptress, Smoky Paprika Paradise and Strawberry Gum Seduction
Cracked Pepper Chocolate TrufflesIngredients:
250g of dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
¼ cup of soy milk
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Cocoa powder for dusting
How to make:
1. Heat the soymilk in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear and steam rises off the pan.
2. Take off heat, add the pepper and chocolate and stir vigorously until the chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth.
3. Place in a container and leave to chill in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Time to roll some truffles!
5. Remove ganache from the fridge. Place about ¼ cup of cocoa powder on a small bowl, and using a teaspoon or a melon baller (these are perfect!), place a spoonful of the ganache into the cocoa, tossing it in the cocoa until covered. Then dust your palms with some of the cocoa and roll the ganache piece into a ball, and place on a serving plate/whatever plate you like. Repeat until you run out of ganache.
Makes about 30 truffles (depends how big you roll them)